Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Couldn't Put Em Down

Okay, so I'm usually not much of a reader. Well actually, up until recently I haven't had time to read of anything unless it was a text book, and it kinda burnt me out. Now that I am FINALLY done with school I wanted to start reading for pleasure. I had a friend over about a month and a half ago and she started talking about this book called "The Hunger Games", and was shocked and appalled that I had never heard of the books at all. She vaguely described what they were about and it sounded pretty twisted and confusing (I actually had a nightmare that night, which was pretty vivid -being pregnant didn't help i'm sure) I was thinking ehh, I think I'll pass. The next time I saw her she handed me Hunger Games and Catching Fire, they sat next to the couch for a few days and finally I thought oh what the heck, she seemed pretty enthusiastic about them, and got to reading.
I think I read the first one in a matter of days, and the second in a week or so. The third book "Mockingjay", was just released last week and let me tell you, they are AMAZING! If you want to be entertained and have time to read a book (or three), you have to give these books a shot. The author's imagination is unreal, and the way that she writes is so vivid. I love it. Yes, I'm sure if you've heard anyone talk about the general idea behind the books you're thinking, no thanks, as I was. All I'm saying is just give em a chance, you won't be disappointed! (I already have my mom and gma hooked) Word on the street is that they are going to make movies out of them, and I'm praying that they are...well...better casted the cough Twilight Saga cough cough;-) (no offense Jacob..you can stay).

2 comments:

Jake and Ashley said...

Seriously, those books rock! Hopefully the movies won't be butchered like Twilight was.

Jamie said...

Yes! I loved them too! I'm still on Mockingjay, but they've been great! We should get Aarean to read them and we can all go see the movie!